The Son of God

From the sixth hour until the ninth hour darkness came over all the land. About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"—which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

When some of those standing there heard this, they said, "He’s calling Elijah."

Immediately one of them ran and got a sponge. He filled it with wine vinegar, put it on a stick, and offered it to Jesus to drink. The rest said, "Now leave him alone. Let’s see if Elijah comes to save him."

And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.

At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split. The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus’ resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, "Surely he was the Son of God!"

Matthew 27:45-54

0 comments on “The Son of God

1. luvmy4sons says:

Just think…there must have been so much power in the air…for a Roman guard to say this…Oh to have witnessed this event. I can barely watch portrayals. I always end up in a puddle of tears.

2. Bags Online says:

It may seem that God is not answering our prayers, or even hearing them, for that matter. Martin Luther had this to say about five hundred years ago:

3. essay writing says:

Christ could be the Child regarding Our god. Effectively, the reality is, He’s which He was quoted saying This individual ended up being..

4. Mari says:

I believe in Jesus, I believe in God and I believe Christianity is not correct. I am a Christian myself, I was baptized in the church and Christianity took too much of the Gentiles, Christianity has destroyed all that was before …. and I think that poklonnilya Christ which crucified Jesus, who is the worship idoluyu

5. emsai says:

I respect that everyone has different beliefs. I will find out more about it.

6. Loola 2 says:

I suppose if I had to pick a perfect article, it would be yours. I know no article is perfect, but yours is as close as it gets. Good job.