Draw Near

I’ve been driving by them almost every day. Beautiful, gorgeous flowers along the side of the road. Long stretches of purple color greet each motorist with a new reminder of spring as they continue to multiply and bloom. Exactly what are they like? I didn’t know; I could have identified them as plants, named their color and estimated their height. Really seeing them for what they were with knowlege of their intricate beauty? That would take some effort.

Days had passed. Weeks, actually. Then, I decided I would do it.  I found a semi-safe looking place to turn off of the highway. I exited my car and began walking into the sea of lavender stretching toward the sky. After those moments of spending the time necessary to fully appreciate what I had only admired from afar, I can now speak with greater knowledge about these lovely flowers.

If you were to take a poll of everyone you knew, asking them if they believed in God, I am confident that most would say that they do. If you questioned further about His specific attributes and character, I am equally confident that most people would begin to search for words, faltering from lack of personal knowledge.

When I looked at the photographs I had taken of the purple foliage, I discovered things about the plants that I had not even noticed while walking among them. There was yet more to learn.

Day after day, will I choose to "drive" through my life quickly, viewing God’s presence in the distance but failing to draw close to Him? Will I be satisfied to give only vague descriptions of His great love and provision? Will I spend the moments of time in prayer and Bible reading necessary to speak  about Him with greater personal knowledge?

0 comments on “Draw Near

1. In His Glorious Name Ministries says:

very nice…

2. luvmy4sons says:

I loved this post…so very nice…such great musings…such lovely application of every day experiences to a deepr spiritual walk…and again…lovely pictures!

3. yuandao says:

yuandao
    And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

4. Christmas Costume says:

5. Fake Rolex says:

What a feast the orange and yellow flowers must have been for them!

6. Hublot Replica says:

As we mature in our walk with the Lord, we change. We weather the storms and care for others during difficult times. Hopefully, we gain wisdom and integrity that

7. www.hallemandeco.fr says:

ansporting taking that approach squeezed may appear pretty main, however soon after when i purchased this ins